This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Create visual object in Lua script
Is it possible to create visual objects with Lua scripts? 

There don't seem to be any helpers that allow object manipulation or creation. Is there an API for this? Is it safe to use?
There's no API for manipulating Visualization. The only way to do it right now is with DB queries.
Quote:The only way to do it right now is with DB queries.

Are there any examples of these database queries? Do you mean running SQL queries in DB Browser?
(12.01.2018, 05:46)Mackiovello Wrote: Is it possible to create visual objects with Lua scripts? 

There don't seem to be any helpers that allow object manipulation or creation. Is there an API for this? Is it safe to use?

Hi.
I use export/import feature. Since exported layout is just .json file, you can modify it using any favorite programming language.
Quote:I use export/import feature. Since exported layout is just .json file, you can modify it using any favorite programming language.

Hi, thank you for your answer. I've previously changed the number of visual objects etc. by editing the db files that included in the backup. This time, I would like to do it in Lua since it requires less setup for the person that will run the script. 

Is there any way to edit the database in Lua?