This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 without webscoket
Hi ,
One of the our customer will use a Siemens hmi panel which has html5 browser. But this browser has no websocket support. Visualation is working but KNX objects is not working because of lack of websocket. 

How can we use visualation without websocket ?

Regards,
Any reply ?
Long polling support has been removed several years ago and we are not planning to add it back. Maybe there's a possibility to do it via custom JavaScript but I'm not sure at the moment.
You can prepare .lp file which exports selected objects
Done is better than perfect
Hi,
have you found any solution? I've similar problem with my Android 4 Sibo terminals. Ive found a workaround based on use of Opera web browser which provides WebRTC and WebSocket.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
@Thomas, WebSocket is much better for performance and CPU load. If Opera works correctly on your devices, there's no point in using long polling.

@savas, try this solution (for now it will only work with admin account). Your device must be running latest firmware as well. If it works for you then I'll provide a full solution for non-admin users.

Code:
if (!window.WebSocket) {
  function doObjectUpdate(res) {
    if (typeof res == 'object' && res.updatetime) {
      if (res.updatetime != Globals.updateTime) {
        Globals.updateTime = res.updatetime;

$.each(res.data || [], function(_, obj) {
          objectStore.registerOne(obj.address, obj.datadec);
        });
      }
    }

startObjectUpdate();