This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Object behaviour
Before I post my question, I would like to take this opportunity as my first post on this forum to commend the great work you've done with the back end software on your devices. I've been into home automation since 2005 and never thought it possible for a tiny web server to have such great functionality. Bravo! 

As part of controlling a garage door motor, I need to send a 1 to a dry contact for a few milliseconds. This is easily handled with KNX push buttons (send 1 on press and send 0 on release), but I'm not sure how to duplicate the functionality in Visualisation. Any suggestions?
thanks FatMax for your kind words, we are trying to improve every day!

As of your question, you need to create a virtual object in Object list e.g. 1/1/2. Then create event-based script for this grp address with the following content:

Code:
-- 1/1/1 is grp address which you want to turn on /off
grp.write('1/1/1', true)
os.sleep(0.1) -- pause for 0.1 second
grp.write('1/1/1', false)

On visualization add 1/1/2 and it will do the job
Simple enough!

Thanks a bunch!
If you have your dry contact connected on a KNX actuator that has staircase function then it's easier to use the built in function on the actuator and just send 1 from LM visualization.
That will also work if you need very precise delay between on/off. The delay will fluctuate slightly when sending from LM, but can never be less than specified sleep time.
Excellent tip! I've only been a KNX partner since this summer, so I've got stuff to learn! Wink
In the smartphone view, I only have a toggle switch to choose from to initiate the garage door. Am I missing a simple button for smart phone usage..?

It might be confusing for people to see a switch that looks like its off or on...
In Objects tab --> Visualization parameters you can choose either to show the button as Check-box or as Toggle. I attach screenshot.
Hope this helps!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello i have a problem . In visualization i install a IP camera but i have not streaming live it only show the first picture of the place and not streaming . Can someone help me ??? Smile Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(28.12.2015, 18:57)AdriSaliai Wrote: Hello i have a problem . In visualization i install a IP camera but i have not streaming live it only show the first picture of the place and not streaming . Can someone help me ??? Smile Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hi, can you show link of your camera from camera settings in LM?
I cant right now because i havent with me . Can you help me different ???
First, you have to make sure that your camera can stream in MJPEG format over HTTP. This is the only format that all browsers support without additional plugins. Unfortunately some newer cameras don't have MJPEG support.

To get the correct URL you have to open camera web interface, right click on stream image and select "Copy image location" or similar. Then you can try opening this URL in your browser. If it works then it's probably a correct URL and it can be used in LM visualization.

You can also try searching for your camera model, here are some links:
https://github.com/sightmachine/SimpleCV...tream-URLs
http://www.bluecherrydvr.com/2012/01/23/...k-cameras/
Thkns you very much !!! :-)