This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Map Groups Over IP to Remote LM
Hi. Trying to find a method of sending commands over IP.
So having one module that acts as a main controller (IP 172.22.0.10) with 5+ other remote modules (IP 172.22.0.11  .. 15) spread over a school campus.
I want to be able to say if Server Group 1/1/1 goes High or Low I can send this to another group on 172.22.0.11 say 10/1/3
or Server Group 2/1/1 goes High or Low I can send this to another group on 172.22.0.12 Say 10/2/4

So basically I would like to Map a local group to a remote IP group address

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to approach this. 
Hi
As long all of them are on one subnet you can use KNX IP to send it over multicast. If not you can use simple web services http://openrb.com/docs/remote-new.htm.

BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Thanks Daniel, we are not using KNX but are using CBUS, there is no CBUS over IP.
So that why I was looking for another method. 
Was looking at using TCP Client and Server There is an example on the forum. 
But wanted to ask for advise how alternative methods.
Not only do I want to send commands to the remote clients. I also need to make sure they are on line and have responded to command.
OK, Next time mention on the beginning that you use NAC or SHAC Smile

You can use webservices or even modbus.  The link which I sent you will work on you device. 

BR
Ctrl+F5
Sorry, and thank you Daniel.
Think we spoke a few times (Kevin introduced us a while back)
Hard to say from your nick name Wink If you mean Kevin H. then probably.
Ctrl+F5
(30.04.2018, 11:07)Daniel. Wrote: Hard to say from your nick name Wink If you mean Kevin H. then probably.
Yep, that's the one. We spoke a solar job if you recall
(30.04.2018, 11:15)sjfp Wrote:
(30.04.2018, 11:07)Daniel. Wrote: Hard to say from your nick name Wink If you mean Kevin H. then probably.
Yep, that's the one. We spoke a solar job if you recall

Yes I do, Did you found your solution or still looking ?
Ctrl+F5
Just looking at the web services you posted, just looking to see how its implemented. ??
Once I get the basic controls working (ON - OFF) I will think a bit more on how I what the whole project together in its final version.
But looking at the web services think this will do for now.
Here is everything
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...TP#pid3006
BR
Ctrl+F5
Thank you, Daniel. Always a pleasure.
Did you Kev has gone