This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Start-up (init) Script Falult
Hi

I have a LM5 device. I want to keep an object value after a restart or a power failure. It is a Heating Cooling Changeover value and my KNX device always starts with heating. I want to keep the HC Changeover value before a power failure then i will send it back with the Start-up (init) Script.

I have tried these codes:

value =storage.get('HC ExChageover')

os.sleep(3)

grp.update('LM5 Changeover', value)

NOTE: I set the value of 'HC ExChangeover' in another script by using below string;

storage.set('HC ExChangeover', value)

I have tired this string too,

value = grp.read('HC ExChangeover')
 os.sleep(3)
grp.write('LM5 Changeover', value)

All my object names are ('HC ExChangeover' and 'LM5 Changeover') not KNX Objects.
Try logging the value via log(). Also, you need to use grp.getvalue() instead of grp.read(), because read only sends a telegram to the bus, object value is returned this way.