This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM crash
Hello
My LM randomly crashes. It happens once in five days. Can I investigate what's wrong?
Pictures containing logs attached. Every "System Start" is a LM crash.

What represent these three numbers right to CPU/IO? Are they user/kernel/IO? Can I check why the middle number is so high?

Thank you
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
One of possible reboot reasons can be out-of-memory condition. This can be caused by too many resident scripts running in parallel and/or loops in event scripts. You can see all running processes in System config.
Sorry attached logs here. I forgot press "Add Attachment" button.

(22.10.2018, 11:40)admin Wrote: One of possible reboot reasons can be out-of-memory condition. This can be caused by too many resident scripts running in parallel and/or loops in event scripts. You can see all running processes in System config.

I've 10 resident scripts running. You're right, there could be an infinity loop. Can I discover it somehow? Like logging to a different computer through rsyslog etc?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Finding loops can be a tricky task. Try running ETS group monitor for some time.
I turned on "Remote diagnostics" on my LM. Can I connect through SSH to the LM? I tried my admin password, communication password, a regular user but with no luck.
We do not provide instructions on how to get root SSH access to LM. It's not that hard, but you'll have to figure it out yourself Smile
I think one of possible reason for LM crashing is the webserver consuming big portion of the memory. Do you have any suggestion how to lower this number? Can I switch on more aggressive caching at clients?
Thank you

Do you have many active visualization clients connected?
I don't know because LM doesn't show active clients. My guess is something between 100-200.
I've found that LM stop crashing after I stop using remote.
Do you mean cloud access or remote http services?
(25.10.2018, 10:02)admin Wrote: Do you mean cloud access or remote http services?

It can be just coincidence but since I turned remote requests off my LM is still on with no interruption. Unfortunately the issue is hardly reproducible because it happens once or twice a day.

Remote HTTP access (object set as "export", Remote service Enabled)
I use this service for data exchange between our attendance system and KNX.
The attendance system simply sends update request when doors are opened/closed.

The request looks like this: http://LM_name/scada-remote?m=json&r=grp...1;&value=1

Another interesting part is sometimes response from LM to remote request is extremely slow. I had to set timeout for reply to 20s.

Code written in C# I use in the interface between ACS and LM is simple and is below. It uses synchronous GetResponse .NET 4.0 functionality.

Code:
public HttpStatusCode HttpGetSync(string urlParams)
       {
           string uri;
           HttpStatusCode statusCode = HttpStatusCode.BadRequest;

if (!(restapi.url.Length > 0)) return statusCode;
           if (!(urlParams.Length > 0)) return statusCode;
           uri = restapi.url + urlParams;

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uri);
           if (netCredential != null)
           {
               request.Credentials = netCredential;
               request.PreAuthenticate = true;
           }
           request.Method = "GET";
           if (restapi.timeout > 0)
           {
               request.Timeout = restapi.timeout;
               request.ServicePoint.ConnectionLeaseTimeout = restapi.timeout;
               request.ServicePoint.MaxIdleTime = restapi.timeout;
           }
           request.ContentType = "text/html";
           request.CachePolicy = reqCachePolicy;
           request.Proxy = null;

request.KeepAlive = false;

using (HttpWebResponse response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse()) {
               statusCode=response.StatusCode;
               response.Close();
           } ;
           request.Abort();

GC.Collect();

return statusCode;
       }

Use attached .lp file to show a list of connected clients. Upload it to user directory via ftp (apps username), then access it via http://LM_IP/user/clients.lp

Also, please upload your backup somewhere and send via PM so I can test remote access time.

Attached Files
.lp   clients.lp (Size: 1.3 KB / Downloads: 18)
(25.10.2018, 13:55)admin Wrote: Use attached .lp file to show a list of connected clients. Upload it to user directory via ftp (apps username), then access it via http://LM_IP/user/clients.lp

Also, please upload your backup somewhere and send via PM so I can test remote access time.

Thank you. Check your PM