This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM doesn't boot
Hello
Since today I've the following problem.
It started when LM starts to behave strangely. IDE was OK but when I try to open the visu the page was empty. Just background and nothing more.
So I backed up my project from my another LM and restored it at this LM. It didn't help.
I thought the problem can be SD card. It's MLC extremely expensive card but it can happen.
I removed the card and opened it by usbit. To my surprise it looked like the size of the card was 512MB only. Strange. The card is 4GB of course. So I thought this card has been broken.
I flashed a new card by using usbit SW to recovery-ix6.img which I got from your pages.
I inserted the card into the LM and nothing happened.
I tried same steps with another card (not MLC, cheap 32GB SanDisk).
Again nothing.
I fully opened LM and make the photo in the attachment.
Under the cover there's another green led (1). It's mostly shining interrupted only by 0,1s every 5s.
LED (2) is off. It only slightly flashes in periods LED (1) is off.

What can I do now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
(01.11.2018, 17:32)Thomas Wrote: Hello
Since today I've the following problem.
It started when LM starts to behave strangely. IDE was OK but when I try to open the visu the page was empty. Just background and nothing more.
So I backed up my project from my another LM and restored it at this LM. It didn't help.
I thought the problem can be SD card. It's MLC extremely expensive card but it can happen.
I removed the card and opened it by usbit. To my surprise it looked like the size of the card was 512MB only. Strange. The card is 4GB of course. So I thought this card has been broken.
I flashed a new card by using usbit SW to recovery-ix6.img which I got from your pages.
I inserted the card into the LM and nothing happened.
I tried same steps with another card (not MLC, cheap 32GB SanDisk).
Again nothing.
I fully opened LM and make the photo in the attachment.
Under the cover there's another green led (1). It's mostly shining interrupted only by 0,1s every 5s.
LED (2) is off. It only slightly flashes in periods LED (1) is off.

What can I do now?

Just to be sure: did you remove power before changing the SD card? A while ago I erroneously assumed that my LM would reboot after simply changing the SD card. It didn't... Only when I disconnected power and then reconnected, did the machine boot...
Hi
Are you sure you flashed with correct FW?
Can you connect to the device after using recovery image? Use private browsing while doing it.
@baggins please never do it again. You cam damage the device while touching board while live. This is general rule for any electronic device Smile
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(02.11.2018, 10:40)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
Can you connect to the device after using recovery image? Use private browsing while doing it.
@baggins please never do it again. You cam damage the device while touching board while live. This is general rule for any electronic device Smile
BR

I know... I had actually only removed the KNX cable instead of also removing the power supply cable... Blush
Hi
The problem has been solved by your local vendor. Quickly and generously. Now I have nice working new LM with double size RAM and more powerfull CPU. Thank you!

Did you remove power before changing the SD card?
- Yes. Both cables were disconnected.
- Yes I use only one version of LM and only one firmware.
- No
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
And SPI flash Smile
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5