This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Socket.io server on .lp file
Recently I've created a nodejs app for realtime controlling inverter in one project. It had a client and a server and all data was exchanged via websockets in two directions. Thanks to websocket it was possible because like in LM with localbus. But in this project I've noticed that this technology could simplify and improve also other communication between client and server what's normally is done by http requests and exchanging data in JSON file.

I think websockets would be useful in .lp files for:
- every client show up-to-date app state (server sends every change in config to all clients without need to refresh page by client). This also removes the need for polling some data.
- server could send something to connected clients.
- generally I think that such possiblity could help to create better and more advanced apps to LM

Another question I have:
- could you replace jQuery need from localbus?
Done is better than perfect

Messages In This Thread
Socket.io server on .lp file - by buuuudzik - 18.12.2018, 10:13
RE: Socket.io server on .lp file - by admin - 18.12.2018, 10:54
RE: Socket.io server on .lp file - by buuuudzik - 18.12.2018, 12:39
RE: Socket.io server on .lp file - by admin - 18.12.2018, 12:58
RE: Socket.io server on .lp file - by admin - 18.12.2018, 15:38
RE: Socket.io server on .lp file - by admin - 18.12.2018, 16:57
RE: Socket.io server on .lp file - by admin - 18.12.2018, 19:30