This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with Function grp.update
Hello,

I am having a problem with the function grp.update in the latest firmware version. I am using the following script:

lux300 = grp.getvalue('0/6/3')
lux500 = grp.getvalue('0/7/3')
if lux300 == true then
 grp.write('5/0/3/', 300)
   os.sleep(0.2)
    grp.update('0/6/3', false)
    grp.update('0/7/3', false)
elseif lux500 == true then
 grp.write('5/0/3/', 500)
   os.sleep(0.2)
     grp.update('0/7/3', false)
     grp.update('0/6/3', false)
end

When the script is executed the G.A. 0/6/3 and 0/7/3 are sent to the knx bus and I just want to update the value internaly. 

What I am trying to do is to write two different values on the same G.A. when input G.A. 1 or 2 comes with ON on the knx bus. The two input G.A.s have the same tag so that whatever comes first to trigger the execution of the script. 

Is this correct or is there a better way to do it? And why is the grp.update function writes the value to the knx bus? 

Regards,
If you are connected to LM via ETS the telegrams from grp.update will show there. Can you explain why do you need to reset object values?
is the 0/6/3 and 0/7/3 is used by any knx device ? (trough read exemple)

if no, you can use virtual knx adress like 40/6/3 & 40/7/3

Best regard
(24.01.2019, 07:28)admin Wrote: If you are connected to LM via ETS the telegrams from grp.update will show there. Can you explain why do you need to reset object values?

I used also other IP/Router to monitor and I am still getting the values into the KNX. I want to reset them because these two G.A.s is coming with ON from a KNX button and I if 0/6/3 comes 1st with ON and then 0/7/3 with ON the script will send the value 300 and 500 into the KNX bus. So I just want to avoid of having two different scripts. 
The function is simple whenever G.A. 'A' comes with ON send Y=300. And whenever G.A. 'B' comes with ON send Y=500.

(24.01.2019, 11:59)demeur Wrote: is the 0/6/3 and 0/7/3 is used by any knx device ? (trough read exemple)

if no, you can use virtual knx adress like 40/6/3 & 40/7/3

Best regard

Hello Demeur,

I know this but I want to avoid the extra time to create the Virtual G.A.s because it will be for many rooms. 

Regards,