This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

TCP/IP communication timing measurements between two LM
Hi,
In the network tool of the LM settings tab, it is possible to ping DNS or external IP addresses and get the response time from the remote server displayed localy in ms. It is possible to use protocole analyzer as wireshark, but I need a custom solution running on/for LM

My questions are :

- Is it possible to write a script to send file (from user FTP server) with a known size to a remote LM and log the time the message takes to be sent and the time we get the reply via switches or routers ? If yes, what is the solution ?

- How accurate is this measurement ?

B.R,

Chouaibou.
You can measure how long any function call takes like this:
Code:
ts, tu = os.microtime()
-- run something here
diff = os.udifftime(ts, tu)
log(diff)

For speed testing you can load a file with known size to calculate network speed, but what is the point of such test?
(13.03.2019, 11:58)admin Wrote: You can measure how long any function call takes like this:
Code:
ts, tu = os.microtime()
-- run something here
diff = os.udifftime(ts, tu)
log(diff)

For speed testing you can load a file with known size to calculate network speed, but what is the point of such test?

Hi admin,
Thank you for your reply.
I just want to use LM resources to perform communication bandwidth tests if possible, instead of using two computers.

B.R,
Chouaibou.