This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Random restarts
Hi,

On this new installation the LM is randomly restarting for a last few days. But only a few times a day. Load averages: 0.49 0.45 0.36 at the moment.

It here any way to catch the reboot cause? TP is not connected, KNX connection is via N146/02, no visu, just a few scipts.
What about Memory ?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(25.07.2019, 08:12)Daniel. Wrote: What about Memory ?
Mostly free. I don't have the exact values now, but it is low utilization.
I wanted to put all system values in trends to see what causes the reboot, but can't find a method. I can feed the values to external bacnet device that is not affected by reboots.

I'm also not sure is it something o. LM or external, the logs could give a clue about that.
You can try to log CPU/IO and memory but if device just reboot you could loose up to last 30 mins.
It could be also HW issue.
Code:
data = io.readfile('/proc/meminfo')
load = io.readfile('/proc/loadavg'):split(' ')[ 1 ]

memtotal = data:match('MemTotal:%s+(%d+)')
memavail = data:match('MemAvailable:%s+(%d+)')
memusage = math.floor((memtotal - memavail) / memtotal * 1000) / 10

log(load, memusage)
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
According to my experience KNX packet loop through multicast IP triggers reboot very quickly. Plus you lost evidence and the source of the problem which makes it hard to discover the issue.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
(16.08.2019, 08:31)Thomas Wrote: According to my experience KNX packet loop through multicast IP triggers reboot very quickly. Plus you lost evidence and the source of the problem which makes it hard to discover the issue.
Yes, that is true.
But I can't see where can a packet loop materialise. TP is terminated on the N146/02, from there only ethernet to the switch where everything is connected together.
If the TP is bridged somewhere, or the LM has both IP and TP connections I can understand, but it is not.