This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Simple scripts result in 'nil' logs
I have made some new scripts. For a lot of them, I have used information from this forum. Thanks for that!

One of my scripts works good, but continuously gives '* nil* logs in the log file.
It is a planned script that runs every 10 minutes. What am I doing wrong?
The script adds the airflow of ventilator 1 and ventilator 2, so I can see what the total airflow (vent3) in my house is.
All objects are '4 byte unsigned integer'.

Script:
vent1=grp.getvalue('11/1/22')
vent2=grp.getvalue('11/3/22')
vent3=vent1+vent2
grp.update('43/0/22',vent3)
You don't have any log here. Maybe this comes from another script?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(24.02.2020, 14:26)Daniel. Wrote: You don't have any log here. Maybe this comes from another script?

Daniel, thank you for your reply. No, I think it has to do with this specific script. When I turn it off, the logging stops.

I have added some screenshots:
- The script.
- Logs with script turned on (til 08.59 h).
- Scripting page, planned script. Script turned off at 9.05 h).
- Logs with script turned off (changed at 09.05 h).

What can I do to stop this logging?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you send backup to PM? Use we transfer or similar.
Ctrl+F5
Try to log vent1, vent2 and vent3 variables. What result can you get?

log(vent1)
log(vent2)
log(vent3)

Are 11/1/22, 11/3/22 and 43/0/22 declared and data type is set?
(28.02.2020, 13:28)fleeceable Wrote: Try to log vent1, vent2 and vent3 variables. What result can you get?

log(vent1)
log(vent2)
log(vent3)

Are 11/1/22, 11/3/22 and 43/0/22 declared and data type is set?

I have logged this. See screen dump. I do not only have the nil logs with this script, so maybe it had nothing to do with the specific script, but with another issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks like you have 4 log calls in your script. Which is the first one? The result is correct: 70 + 124 = 194
I answered you in detail via PM. You have this log in common function.
Ctrl+F5
(04.03.2020, 08:40)Daniel. Wrote: I answered you in detail via PM. You have this log in common function.
Daniel, thank you. I have deleted the previous post; I saw your PM after sending this. Thanks for your extensive reaction and time! I will try to use all your tips and tricks.