This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX poling on low traffic
Hello to all,

Into my KNX project I have many macros from other devices that generate many traffic with feedback telegrams.

Frequently in this case I lose some feedback real states.

Could it possible via script, control KNX traffic to managed a polling script?

Thanks
You can set poll interval for each object. Then a read telegram will be sent to it every X seconds.
(02.04.2020, 06:03)admin Wrote: You can set poll interval for each object. Then a read telegram will be sent to it every X seconds.

Ok, but I would like stop this poll when traffic on bus is heavy.
Hi,

This is possible but i don’t think that is the best way to solve your issue, it’s a bandage..

In my opinion you should solve the root cause of the bus overload..

There are many options in the KNX applications to delay feedback telegrams, also check if every feedback is needed, i see often multiple feedback objects in grp addresses where one object is enough, remove them to avoid lots of unnecessary traffic on the TP bus.

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

I have very big plant with about 1000 Dali address, eachone have 2 GA (fb on/off, fb dimmer), when we turn off or turn on all lights we have overload.

We have already entered some delays but this is not sufficient.
Hi Dario,

I don't know your DALI configuration, but if you use Schneider DALI gateways, you can try to use broadcast command instead every ballast control. Also you can try to use groups for ballasts control. Could help to receive status of ballasts or lamps by request and divide it over time to less load on KNX line. Not sure 100% but some of gateways can send statuss back after change with some delays. Most of these settings are located in DALI gateways.

May be some helps. If you can - explain more in detail your topology.

BR,

Alex
Hi Alex,
Thanks to you help but, believe me on device configurator I can't change nothing, there are many reasons. I need to have any singular telegram for my scada system, and the feedback can't be very slow.

The only way is poll KNX (1 telegram/sec.) when bus is not busy.
What DALI GW do you use??
Siemens N141/21
Can I catch via script % traffic bus?
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...6#pid16316
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5