This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Time loop control
Hi everyone. I am a new LM and lua user, I wonder how can I realize the time loop control? e.g. when I trigger 1/1/1=1, then 1/1/2=1, 1s,1/1/3=1, 1s, 1/1/4=1, and return. When I trigger 1/1/1=0, stop the loop. Thanks a lot
I would do it by two scripts. First event attached to your 1/1/1 which will enable/disable the second resident script.
Code:
value = event.getvalue()

if value then
script.enable('loop')

else
script.disable('loop')

end
Second is resident script with interval of 1s and such code.
Code:
grp.write('1/1/2', true)

os.sleep(1)

grp.write('1/1/3', true)

os.sleep(1)

grp.write('1/1/4', true)
In this example I called resident script 'loop' if you use different name change it in the first script
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(05.05.2020, 13:25)Thanks a lot. I will try. But can I use while do' or 'repeat until' ?Daniel. Wrote: I would do it by two scripts. First event attached to your 1/1/1 which will enable/disable the second resident script.
Code:
value = event.getvalue()

if value then
script.enable('loop')

else
script.disable('loop')

end
Second is resident script with interval of 1s and such code.
Code:
grp.write('1/1/2', true)

os.sleep(1)

grp.write('1/1/3', true)

os.sleep(1)

grp.write('1/1/4', true)
In this example I called resident script 'loop' if you use different name change it in the first script
Yes but running while loop in event based script for a longer time it is not the best idea. This is the most efficient way for processes. Otherwise you have to make sure that you won't run the same script more than once before ending the previous script.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(05.05.2020, 14:03)Thank you for your help.  Daniel. Wrote: Yes but running while loop in event based script for a longer time it is not the best idea.  This is the most efficient way for processes.  Otherwise you have to make sure that you won't run the same script more than once before ending the previous script.