This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

enocean plug
I have a Nodon enocean plug with a an supported profile so I control it using a F6-01-03 profile...

the ON/OFF command work well

but I would like to get the status feedback from this plug. how can I proceed ?

thanks
Gilles
Unfortunately LM does not support newer EnOcean telegram format so you cannot request status info from the plug. But if you control the plug by using EnOcean push-buttons or similar devices then you can receive values from them and update status accordingly.
(01.07.2020, 11:53)admin Wrote: Unfortunately LM does not support newer EnOcean telegram format so you cannot request status info from the plug. But if you control the plug by using EnOcean push-buttons or similar devices then you can receive values from them and update status accordingly.

the idea was to have the real state as the plug can be controlled locally, would it be possible to have a raw value sent by the plug ?
Raw value won't work because the plug has to be paired using newer protocol which is not supported.
what is the plan for support the update of the protocole ?
Unfortunately no plans at the moment as ZigBee and BLE are much more popular than EnOcean now
(02.07.2020, 06:45)admin Wrote: Unfortunately no plans at the moment as ZigBee and BLE are much more popular than EnOcean now
Agreed, Zigbee is more popular.

Don't want an answer, but something to think about and don't think I can answer the question either:

In which market segment is Zigbee operating and more popular? Real estate owner or real estate tenant?

Which price segment is Zigbee in. How often do you change the batteries until you throw it? 20 euros more for solar-powered and mechanical charging without changing the battery on ENOcean.

Sustainable providers on ENOcean? Sustainable providers on Zigbee? Direct connection to Modbus only with ENOcean. Modbus = industryal matters - solar, heating, Inverter, ventilation. The only cases where I would spend the money on a controller that costs more than 100 euros. Modbus since the year of 1979 / RJ connections since 70tis as well.....

Is there a Zigbee sub-market that is bigger and more stable than ENocean? Of course, Zigbee is bigger overall but can the devices communicate with each other (manufacturer A to manufacturer B in the lower price segment)? Is there a stable manufacturer - Philips has changed the type of lightbulb more than once in its 125 years and IKEA products change faster than tenantes.

However, both are easily interchangeable and like KNX, neither does not belong into a wall of stone until it is on the market for at least 10 years. This is what you learn when you replace all the light switches for the first time. Fortunately only in one of four apartments.... these are just trends that are disappearing like many other groundbreaking innovations.
Zigbee is here to stay, it operates on a much better frequency then Enocean, is better standardized and is just as energy efficient as Enocean, but most importantly it has a security layer in the communication, it has a longer range between devices, supports routering and is self healing when topology changes occurs.

All wireless developments we do at this moment are based on Zigbee (and some BLE).
Most ZigBee devices follow the standard. There can some manufacturer-specific quirks but usually basic control like on/off or level works out of the box for any manufacturer. Some devices like sensors use manufacturer-specific messages but for this we can simply add a custom profile to the ZigBee app.
(30.09.2020, 21:49)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Zigbee is here to stay, it operates on a much better frequency then Enocean, is better standardized and is just as energy efficient as Enocean, but most importantly it has a security layer in the communication, it has a longer range between devices, supports routering and is self healing when topology changes occurs.

All wireless developments we do at this moment are based on Zigbee (and some BLE).

May a little bit off topic and just my opinion. After installing Red Node on a Raspberry pi / adding an ENocean PI modul how brings more headach than installing node red (ENocean PI is still not running and my time is also not for free):

The way with the logic machine will work, since there are extrime serious players in as Feller with his FellerLYnk and Schneider electronic with his spaceLYnk. Regarding the other things, we will see. After a few serious disccustions, to reflect my personal opinion for personal reasons: A app modification, is in my point of few, also just an temporary solution to bridge the issue as a Raspberry pi is nice to play with (so unexpectedly great for home entertainment).

If i look on the players how are on the same way on this controller issue as LM, there will come up somthing sirius. However, time will bring the answer as always. Temp. sensor as well as Garage door openers are the basic needs which will showup quick. Unfortonatly, no way around of wired PT100 and happy that i still can install the needed cabels. I m happy with my Feller switches and as i get the feedback from other house owners, they install KNX but they stop using it becouse simpel needs getting lost.

Thanks for your effort and status report :-)