This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Object logs source address
Hello,

When LM script send some information to group address (by grp.write command), then in object logs i can see that information (in source address i can see "local (se)"). I wondering, maybe there are method, that i can modify source address information when i sending data, so i can filter better? 

For example: when resident script "test" write any data to 0/0/1 group address, then i want to see in object logs, that source address: "resident script - test" sent "data" to 0/0/1 address.
You can set grp.sender but it's limited to 2 characters. In new FW you can set grp.meta to any value before using grp.write or similar calls. It will be shown in Login / metadata column in Object Logs.
(27.08.2020, 13:25)admin Wrote: You can set grp.sender but it's limited to 2 characters. In new FW you can set grp.meta to any value before using grp.write or similar calls. It will be shown in Login / metadata column in Object Logs.

I can't find any information about grp.sender and grp.meta. Maybe you can send some examples?
grp.sender = 'ww'
grp.meta = 'something'
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
you have to use this before each grp.write otherwise it will go back to default.
PS. 40 telegrams/sec is too much for KNX, slow it down.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.08.2020, 08:58)Daniel. Wrote: you have to use this before each grp.write otherwise it will go back to default.
PS. 40 telegrams/sec is too much for KNX, slow it down.

Thank you.