This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trend logs script
Dear all,
a customer of mine would like to know automatically the difference between 2 data logged in a interval of time. Time data must be selected by customer.

What do you suggest? Any idea?

Or you suggest to export data in a external database and manage them in a different way?

Thanks.

BR
Why don't you just use trend? End user can compare trends with each other.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(22.10.2020, 15:22)Daniel. Wrote: Why don't you just use trend? End user can compare trends with each other.

Because customers are never happy!!  Angry Angry Angry
I suggest a building automation controller like a AS-P for these kind of tasks..

LM/SL/W4K are great devices but sometimes you need to look at other solutions to fill the requirements.

Trends are a nice add-on for monitoring temperature etc in a KNX installation but for more heavy applications to compare trends, run reports, long term data storage, event logging etcetera still demands a building management system that are developed for these kind of tasks.
(23.10.2020, 06:49)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: I suggest a building automation controller like a AS-P for these kind of tasks..

LM/SL/W4K are great devices but sometimes you need to look at other solutions to fill the requirements.

Trends are a nice add-on for monitoring temperature etc in a KNX installation but for more heavy applications to compare trends, run reports, long term data storage, event logging etcetera still demands a building management system that are developed for these kind of tasks.

Thank you Erwing.
I know As-p cause I program It.
You're right but in this case se are talking about 20 trend with log every hour. It Is not heavy but the solution which wants the customer is heavy for a small system as this.

I will export data to an influx db and I could manager logging with Grafana. If the customer pay!!  Smile

Thanks.
(23.10.2020, 06:49)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: I suggest a building automation controller like a AS-P for these kind of tasks..

Can you say more about AS-P?
Done is better than perfect
Yes i can, but this is in my opinion not the platform to discuss in a extended way other SE solutions then W4K/SL. Look on our website for EcoStruxure Building Operation..