This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Weather Dependent Operation
Did anybody ever made a script weather dependant operation based on outdoor temperature and leaving water temperature for a boiler?
Hi,

where you plan to use such task? And how you receive temperature? From external temp. sensor or from weather informer? As I know more or less serious heating devices has own temp. sensor..

BR,

Alex
Yes i was planning to use such a task. But if nobody ever made it i had to start from scratch. Data input from a external sensor (but in the end it doesn't matter where the external input comes from for the calculation).

Basically i want to set a setpoint A at outdoor X and setpoint B at outdoor Z. Where AB XZ are input temperatures.

so at setpoint X -10 outdoor i want A 60 degrees and at Z +15 outdoor i want B 20 degrees water temperature.
The most simple way is to use a linear equation. You can get a formula from two points: https://planetcalc.com/8110/
You should also add min/max limits for the final value.