This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Read 1-Wire sensors via USB
Hello, I have LM5 Re:actor without 1-wire, and I need to connect 1-wire sensors through 1-wire USB adapter ds9490r
Where can I get info on how to get the list of connected sensors and its values?

I've found some outdated info that there must be owserver start in the init script
Code:
os.execute('owserver -u -s 127.0.0.1:4304')
But the reading is implemented through owread shell command (which is not present at my LM). Maybe there is additional package for owread?

Another stuff I found is the code like this:
Code:
require('ow')
value = ow.readfile('28.FF7B2C211605', 'temperature', true)
But in my case the return value for value is always nil. Is there any way I can debug it? How can I define that I've connected everything correctly?

Thanks!
You don't need to run the server manually. Just install all the required packages, reboot LM. USB interface will be detected automatically and the server will be started. For temperature sensors you don't need any scripts, you can map then via UI.
You can use ow.list() to get a list of detected 1-wire devices.