This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus TCP connect failed: nil
Hi,

I use a SpaceLynk with 3 Modbus Energie meters (Eastron SDM630) via an anybus  modbus TCP/RTU Gateway. The modbus profile is self made an it works for me. I get all Parameters which I want (up to 86) an visualize them. But in my SL error log I get allways these entrys every time the spacelink wants to poll them.

[Image: errorlog.png]

Did I something wrong in my Profile?

I defined all my meters with the same adress (the ip from my gateway) which are only differs by the device adress (4,5,6) like following screen shot.

[Image: modbusdevice.png]

the next step I will try is to connect they directly via RS485 to my SL...

Regards
Habib

(I can't add my profile as attachment, so I post a link to it: modbus profile)
Hi Habib,

Can you forward your IP GW and send me the connection details through private message?

BR,

Erwin
It's a small bug in the firmware, "connect failed: nil" means that connect works fine. This will be fixed in next release.
Hi Edgars,

Already noticed that, for the mean time
i loaded a script version to read the Modbus to
avoid the messages.

TBC,

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

thank you for your support :-)

@edgar
I've seen, you spent lot of time for helping. Much thanks for that.

My installation is at moment in a very early state, so I have much time to fix that.

Regards
Habib
I'm still waiting for the next release....
(29.05.2016, 06:16)Hi Erwin,I have exactly the same problem.What must I do, to avoid this messages? Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi Edgars,

Already noticed that, for the mean time
i loaded a script version to read the Modbus to
avoid the messages.

TBC,

BR,

Erwin
Hi Erwin,
I have exactly the same problem.

What must I do, to avoid the messages?
Best regards

forsterm
Hi forsterm,

you have to wait until the next Fw release :-( There is no other work-a-round possible
Hi,

We started translations of new FW so can't be real long.. a few weeks i guess..

BR,

Erwin