This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

PID Problem
Ok, but still, I don't understand some points:

1. If I want to achieve, let's say some kind of control right from the start (I don't want P I and D values to be 1), I want the controller to behave like other KNX PI controllers and be able to set parameters like this - x Kelvin/y minutes, can I do this or it's impossible?
  2. Why P controller gives out 0 percent even if its value is 1? Other gains for I and D parts are 0, but that shouldn't affect the output, just that the output should be very "bouncy". Should I leave it on for more time for it to do something?
  3. At the end result, this is what I'm trying to achieve - I have a KNX PI controller controlling underfloor heating valves, which control parameters are set to (6K/150min) and I want to see, what happens if I take out "I" part out of the controller and what happens if I put some kind of "D" part in the controller. So my thought was to create identical controller in LM, create P controller with 6K parameter, PI controller with same parameters as KNX one have and a PID controller, with D part ranging in values from 0 to 1. Then from trend logs I would monitor all controllers outputs and see what kind of responses I get to different setpoints/temperatures and make some conclusions. So, in overall, is it possible to do this with LM or not?

Messages In This Thread
PID Problem - by MantasJ - 13.02.2021, 14:56
RE: PID Problem - by MantasJ - 13.02.2021, 16:11
RE: PID Problem - by admin - 15.02.2021, 10:30
RE: PID Problem - by MantasJ - 15.02.2021, 12:07
RE: PID Problem - by admin - 15.02.2021, 12:25
RE: PID Problem - by MantasJ - 15.02.2021, 12:41
RE: PID Problem - by admin - 15.02.2021, 14:06