This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

reed and updates on no change
Hi, I am having the issue with a reed connected to the re:actor. It continually sends an update even if nothing has changed. Did I configure something wrong? I only want an action when the value changes.
(15.06.2016, 09:40)managementboy Wrote: Hi, I am having the issue with a reed connected to the re:actor. It continually sends an update even if nothing has changed. Did I configure something wrong? I only want an action when the value changes.

Since I did not get any reply I asume I was not concrete enough. Here a screenshot of the object:
[Image: RTZdN14.png]
And this is the script attached to the object.
Code:
if (event.getvalue() > 1) then
 -- Door closed
 --set status object for door closed
 grp.update('4/4/6', true)
else
 -- Door open
 -- set status object for door open
 grp.update('4/4/6', false)
end

normal is about 1.1V... door open is about 0.6V

What am I doing wrong?
I think you should only send update if previous value was different, like this:
Code:
addr = '4/4/6'
value = event.getvalue() > 1

if grp.getvalue(addr) ~= value then
  grp.update(addr, value)
end
(21.06.2016, 13:21)admin Wrote: I think you should only send update if previous value was different, like this:
Code:
addr = '4/4/6'
value = event.getvalue() > 1

if grp.getvalue(addr) ~= value then
 grp.update(addr, value)
end

thank you!! As the Germans say: can't see the forest because of all those trees.