This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trend log export/import
Hi all, 

I'm migrating from my old LM2 to a new LM5. I have created a backup from the LM2 and restored on the LM5. The restore went ok for all scripts and other elements but my trend logs are completely empty. I understood that normally these are part of the backup but in my case it looks like they aren't. 

I have found on the forum scripts to export the logs and sent them via email (and cvs attachment). Is there a way how I could import them into the LM5? Any other easy way to copy them from the LM2 to the LM5?

[update] - if trigger a new value that is being trend recorded then somehow the graph is showing in the trendlog. However, not the full data set. E.g. I log my temperature since 2013. On the old LM2 i can go back to 2013 without any issue. On the LM5, I only can go back to Dec 2019. All timestamps before are empty on the LM5. The trend log is configured to keep monthly data for 10years, hence I would expect also the older data to be available.

Any guidance is appreciated !
regards
Joost
From which firmware were you importing? Old fw had no limit on trends where new has to preserve the SD card life and memory.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(29.12.2021, 14:39)Daniel Wrote: From which firmware were you importing?  Old fw had no limit on trends where new has to preserve the SD card life and memory.

Version - 20141127

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Send me your backup to PM
Ctrl+F5
@Joost, this can be fixed but first a firmware upgrade is needed. Which LM5 model do you have?
(03.01.2022, 11:05)admin Wrote: @Joost, this can be fixed but first a firmware upgrade is needed. Which LM5 model do you have?

@admin - LM5p2-KCD

regards
Joost
Firmware link sent. Install it then restore your backup again.
(03.01.2022, 12:30)admin Wrote: Firmware link sent. Install it then restore your backup again.

updated firmware fixes the issue and loads the historical data of the last 5 years. 

Thanks for the quick fix in this new year. Happy new year !!
Hello Admin, Daniel,

I have an installation where SpaceLynk V1.3 is used and now a new extra V3.1 will be added to expand the installation.

The existing SL is running on FW2.3.0 and I would like to upgrade both to FW2.7.0.

The problem I have is that there existing trend logs that I would like to migrate to the new device, but also to be able to change the settings from the loggers.
Is there a way to export the saved data from the existing logs and create new logs with lets say less resolution so that I can add more loggers and then import the saved data back to them?
Its just that this is an industrial project and whould be perfect if the data can be restored to the new logers ad then show on the graphs.

Is there a well documented or proved solution to use the SL as a data collector and push them to a platform for storing and analysis? Preferably cost effective solution for inhouse or cloud based?

Thank you in advance.
The only way today to port trend is via backup restore of whole project. It is not possible to change trend resolution as if you would do you would erase all data as in other word you will create new empty file for this trend.
Ctrl+F5