This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Framing error on DALI RS485 gateway
Hi,

I'm using the DALI RS485 gateway for LogicMachine (LM5Lp2), but I am having trouble scanning for devices in the DALI tab on the web interface of LogicMachine.

When I try to scan for devices, I get a popup stating that LM is "Scanning...". I've hooked up a USB interface and opened a DALI traffic monitor, and I just get loads of "framing error" messages on the traffic. This stops as soon LM stops scanning.

By using the USB interface and the software "DALI Cockpit" I am perfectly able to scan for devices and control the lights. However, as soon as I try to scan with LM, I get this framing error. I've tried to communicate through scripts, but I only get "timeout" when doing that.

The weird thing is that as late as yesterday, I had test-bench at home with one of the lamps and the same components as I did at the actual site. Wired up the same way, same components, no trouble. I found the 1 device I had connected and was able to control the lamp through scripts.

I googled "DALI framing error" and got a PDF from ABB stating that a "framing error" appears on their devices whenever a duplicate address is found. So I tried to disconnect every single lamp from the DALI circuit, but still I got the "framing error". I tried only connecting one lamp. Same thing.

What can I try to get this working again?

Image of LogicMachine scanning and the DALI traffic monitor:

Messages In This Thread
Framing error on DALI RS485 gateway - by avolle - 20.09.2021, 16:52