This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Scenes
Hi,

I would like to ask what is the use of field "Tag" for the scene module.

Can it be used to play/save different scenes at once?

Can you give an example?

In addition, is there any way to automate sequences creation?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

See: https://openrb.com/docs/lua.htm#11
(11.10.2021, 18:51)p_xatzi Wrote: Hi,

I would like to ask what is the use of field "Tag" for the scene module.

Can it be used to play/save different scenes at once?

Can you give an example?

In addition, is there any way to automate sequences creation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi again,

Maybe someone could help…

Actually, the task I want to implement is as in the attached excel file.

In the installation there are (6) Rooms, Living Room, Kitchen e.t.c.

Each space has its own scenes. I.e., Rooms have scenarios for entering, leaving, going to sleep, waking up and a general scene.

Also, there are some master scenes for all house.

The scenes are about lights and blinds.

For each scene there is a push button which sends a “true” telegram on press and a “false” telegram on release. Single press will activate scene only for lights, double press will activate scene for lights+blinds and long press will save scenes for lights+blinds.

The detection of pulse will be made with help of the following thread:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=31

The activation and saving of the scenes will be made by scripts.

So, my initial thought was to create an instance of scene for lights and another for blinds for each space in scene module. Then, copy-paste this instance for every separate scene and run each scene on occasion. For master scenes instances from multiple rooms would run at the same time.

However, it seems that this approach will be almost endless… Also, if sometime a need for change or addition arises, I will have to make all changes manually for each instance.

Does anybody have something to suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Scene Groups.xlsx (Size: 37.54 KB / Downloads: 8)