This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

I can't write on Modbus
Hi, I am having issues with 2 different modbus devices, CALEFFI GATEWAY PRO and ALDES INSPINAIR.

I can read mapped registers, but I can write on them (the writeble ones, of course) from LM.

If I try to write with a diagnostic program such modbus doctor, I can do it.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance

Peppe

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Registri modbus 215 Code.PDF (Size: 943.62 KB / Downloads: 16)
.json   ALDES INSPIRAIR_TOP_B120.json (Size: 1.98 KB / Downloads: 14)
.json   CALEFFI GW PRO.json (Size: 6.96 KB / Downloads: 12)
.xlsx   INSPIRAIR TOP_MODBUS_TableModbus_B120.xlsx (Size: 98.92 KB / Downloads: 4)
Do you get anything in the Modbus Error log?
(21.10.2021, 07:08)admin Wrote: Do you get anything in the Modbus Error log?

NO, no Modbus errors logged....   when I write in the virtual mapped object it seems like the device receive nothing.

For istance, if I set a temperature setpoint to 22, I can see 22 on LM for a while, but when the polling cicle is done, I get the old value again and on the modbus device nothing is actually changed.

Even, I can read everything from it.

It's like a unidirectional comm....
Can you provide access to this LM via ZeroTier?
yes, it is on our ZeroTier network.
Then please send me the network ID, LM IP and admin password via PM. You'll probably have to accept my connection once I join the network unless you have set it to public (not recommended for security reasons).
Thanks for the access. Writing for CALEFFI GW PRO is working fine, I've tested by changing the setpoint. For ALDES INSPIRAIR you need to modify the profile and add these fields for all entries with writable set to true:
Code:
"datatype": "uint16",
"write_multiple": true
(22.10.2021, 09:22)admin Wrote: Thanks for the access. Writing for CALEFFI GW PRO is working fine, I've tested by changing the setpoint. For ALDES INSPIRAIR you need to modify the profile and add these fields for all entries with writable set to true:
Code:

Ok, I 'll try it... thanks!

I have to ADD it, not to substitute to "write": true
Is it correct?
Can you explain just to be aware for future issues?
Tnx
You have to add these fields, "writable": true must still be in the entry.
Code:
{
  "name": "Demande User",
  "bus_datatype": "uint16",
  "type": "register",
  "address": 257,
  "writable": true,
  "write_multiple": true,
  "value_custom": {
    "0": "holiday",
    "1": "daily",
    "2": "cooking",
    "3": "guest"
  }
}
Modbus has two different functions for writing single and multiple registers. Some devices support only the multiple write function. If write_multiple is enabled then LM will use multiple write function when writing to a single register.