This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Assign Priority to a physical switch vs Motion sensor in a script?
Hi, I had tried the three-group method already, but it leads to problems with the local LED indicators on the switches. Not sure how KNX works exactly, but in C-Bus, you basically just have one address for a group. You assign this group to any button you need to control the light, and then also assign the same group address to the relevant channel on your physical output unit. So it all keeps in sync that way...if GA 35 is 'On', all the LEDs on your buttons assigned to 35 are also on, and the output module you assigned as 35 is also on. Turn 35 off, and the relevant output goes off, and all the LEDs on the switches too.. there is no need to really map or cross-connect switch buttons to outputs, they just share the same address to begin with. 

That's kinda my problem, I wanted to continue to use this native basic configuration as there are a number of different switches already configured, and some other visualizations etc. that i didn't want to have to mess with. I was just trying to reduce the number of changes required to the system overall, for something I thought was a bit easier than it appears to be Smile ... If this was like an industrial PLC I'd use some Set/Reset blocks and some rising and falling edge triggers...just struggling to adopt this approach to LUA code..I'll keep at it, but thanks for the suggestion

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assign Priority to a physical switch vs Motion sensor in a script? - by Paddyb - 20.12.2021, 19:04