This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Limits on bacnet objects
Good afternoon,

I am looking for information on the maximum number of objects that can be registered on an LM 5 Lite as an IP bacnet client?

I'm browsing through the manual and I can't find the data, maybe all the memory of the device is shared?

I am planning an application that requires several integrations with IP bacnet servers (1500 bacnet objects aprox.), and also a good part of KNX (about 120 knx devices approximately). I'm not sure whether to put 1 or 2 LM...

Thank you very much for your expert comments!

Greetings !!!
The current BACnet client implementation is rather limited as everything has to be done via scripts and only a single script can handle all communication. If only reading BACnet devices is required then it can be done. If both reading and writing is needed I would not recommend more than 50-100 objects in total. There's also an app but it uses the same approach so the same limitations apply.
If LM is a BACnet server then it can handle 1500 objects.