This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Google Home Device and Trait
Hi,

I have a problem with the usage of Trait in Google Home Application.

I created a 'Water Heater' Device which comes with only On-Off action. I added Temperature Control Trait. I added all the group addresses in both on-off and temperature control traits.

When i add to Google home and when i open the Google Home app, i see only OnOff function in the Google Home . I can't see any additional control function for added traits.

LM Firmware : 202404
Google Smart Home VersionĀ  is : 2021
Google does not provide graphical interface for all. The voice control still should work but do not expect nice graphics on google home for everything.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi,
I don't expect good graphics. But you know, there are simple buttons in google home application. I say, there is only one function in this button for graphical and voice control. I'cant control from google Home the second trait in the heater ( Temperature Control trait ) with google home simple button nor Google Assistant Voice control.
Can you make a example try this please ?
Create a water heater device . Add Temperature Control trait to this device. and try to control via google home button or Google Home Assistant.
I failed to control second added trait
I did and it works. You can say to the assistant: Set 'water heater' to 25 degrees, as well as turn on/off 'water heater'
How did you configure the triat?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5