This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Staircase script with dimming option
Dear admin,

I have done some additional testing. Hopefully the additional information can help to solve the problem.

During my last messages, the timeout period in the script was 5 seconds. I ran several tests with different timeout periods.
The frequency at which the motion detector transmits a notification is not constant. If you just walk past it, only one trigger will come. If you stay near the motion detector, more triggers will follow each other. The interval between the triggers is usually approx. 5 seconds, but is occasionally faster (2 seconds seen as fastest) or longer. So therefore I ran several tests:

a) At the 5-second timeout, the lamp went brighter for a moment and also went softer again. Every time the PIR transmits a new motion trigger the lamp went back. Almost every night, the script went wrong. Not immediately, but often when there was a lot of 'traffic'. Then the lamp stayed on the higher setting.
b) Then I ran the script on 5-minute timeout for several days. The script ran into error almost immediately every day.
c) Then I ran the lamp on 1 second timeout for several days. When motion detection is detected, the lamp turns on slightly brighter very briefly (maximum setting is not reached) and immediately goes back down. However, the script does not run into error. Not once did the script stay on the high setting.

So my conclusion is that the script is disrupted when a new motion notification comes in at the moment the lamp is already burning brighter. Can this be solved by adding a rule to the script or the like?

I am not saying the script is incorrect. Perhaps it is because of my equipment, but clearly it is not working properly. It would be nice if a solution is available for this, because then my problem would be solved Smile.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staircase script with dimming option - by Dirk79 - 12.01.2023, 08:13