This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Event scripts in parallel
Hello,

This might be a very basic question, but when there are multiple event scripts attached to separate objects/tags, are those event scripts processed in parallel?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, each script runs as a separate OS process.
Thanks for your reply!

I'm glad we're on the same page.

I wanted to make a single event script attached to multiple objects with the same tag run in parallel, but figured that wasn't possible. Therefore I tried creating separate event scripts for each object instead, using common functions since the core logic of the event script is basically the same and that turned out to run in parallel as you mentioned.
However, it's honestly not a clean way to do it since there would be equal number of objects and event scripts, and my application will have a good number of objects.
Is there a better, cleaner way to do something similar?
You can make a single script that is executed by multiple objects that have a common tag. Check Error log for any errors that caused the script to fail.