This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

4G internal modem some questions
Hi,

I have LM with 4G integrated modem. Site is remote enough from tower, and even 3G sometimes not working good. Optical network is not ready for now. 

So some questions regarding modem:

1. Is possible measure periodically modem network signal/status?? modem AT command +CSQ. Is it supported? If yes, how implement it in modem library for periodical check signal level?

2. Is it possible check LAN status by ping usage, not over LAN port but from modem (over provider APN)?
3. If I want to check site parameters, could I send to site as example SMS "Status" and receive back some group statements?

Any advice's will be very useful.

BR,

Alexander
Maybe this can help you?

Automatic Ethernet connection checking and informing in case of troubles ?

you can sent it to yourself like every week.
Modem supports AT commands, the serial port is either /dev/ttyACM3 or /dev/ttyUSB2 depending on the hardware model.

SMS script can be modified to periodically read signal quality via the CSQ command. It also supports reading and writing objects via messages like "R 1/1/1" and "W 1/1/2 100". This script can be modified with custom commands as needed.

If you want to ping an external IP address it depends whether you have a gateway set for the Ethernet connection. If not then the ping will go over wireless if it's connected.
Thank you for useful information!!!