This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Listen for object updates
Hi All,

This is my first post here, and what seems to be a very vibrant and knowledgable community. I have a problem I'm looking to solve and need some advise.

Here's some background. We are currently running a fleet of 100+ logic machines across a number of buildings. In each of these buildings there are around 4000 objects. The majority are native KNX, but some are modbus. We intend to collect all these values and send them out to the cloud whenever they change.

Now from what I can see the only way to register for updates on this scale is to tag all of the objects, then create an event script to perform the appropriate event based operations once they change. Fine, simple.

I was also wondering whether this is possible from a Resident script? I can successfully get all the objects using the grp.all() function, but there appears to be no method to then subscribe to changes? Searching this form lead me to a post seemingly regarding javascript that talked of a grp.listen() method, but this isn't available in Lua. Does anyone know if there's something I'm missing, or I'm just trying to do things wrong, and should revert to the tagged Event script instead?

Many thanks for your time.
See this example: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...0#pid27860