This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Philips Hue motion sensor pairing with zigbee gateway LM
Hi,

I purchased a philips hue motion sensor and I'm having trouble getting it to work properly. I do not have a philips hue bridge.
I am able to pair the device to the LM zigbee however the status doesn't get updated.

Device information:
Manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V.
Model: SML003

Device type: End device
Power source: Battery
Receive when idle: No

Endpoint 2
Profile: 260
Input clusters
- Basic (0)
- PowerCfg (1)
- Identify (3)
- MsOccupancySensing (1030)
- MsIlluminanceMeasurement (1024)
- MsTemperatureMeasurement (1026)
Output clusters
- Ota (25)
- Basic (0)
- Identify (3)
- OnOff (6)

In configuration I see entries for 'temperature, illuminance, occupancy and on/off toggle.

Does anyone has experience with this philips hue motion sensor and knows how to use it without a hue bridge.
It won't work without a profile. We'll add this device to the next app version.
(10.02.2023, 14:27)admin Wrote: It won't work without a profile. We'll add this device to the next app version.

Thanks I'm looking forward to the next version update.

I however managed to get it responding to presence, that is, the status gets updated in the zigbee devices list.

I think it had something to do with making a zigbee group and trying to add the sensor to the group, which failed but apparantly activated the response behaviour in the philips hue motion sensor, before the status would only update if you pressed the button on the back. (I read something about the activation and pairing without the use of a hue bridge and use of zigbee clusters and tried that out using the zigbee groups implementation)

But without a profile it doesn't update any values as you mentioned, so I'll wait for the app update.
You can try script in a meantime. See this
https://openrb.com/docs/zigbee.htm

See what the device is sending and if it is useful then you can trigger actions based on this.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(10.02.2023, 16:02)Daniel Wrote: You can try script in a meantime. See this
https://openrb.com/docs/zigbee.htm

See what the device is sending and if it is useful then you can trigger actions based on this.

Thanks for the zigbee docs.
Pairing the Philips Hue motion sensor (SML003) works but no sensor data is updated, I tried every possible pairing option and I figured out there are 2 options:
  • one where it gets paired and no sensor data is send, trying the zigbee script renders output with on some lines 'nesting too deep' so I'm unable to see what it's sending (achieved by pressing the setup button for 3-5 seconds on the back of the device)
  • one where it's paired as a direct on/off switch for a light bulb. (achieved by pressing >10 seconds on the back of the device)
I'll guess it has to do something with the pairing so I guess I'll have to wait for an appropriate profile.