This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SML protocol via IR write/read head
Hi @all,

I want to use the Tibber Pulse to send my actual consumption to Tibber. Unfortunately I do not have an intelligent meter with D0/SML interface. But what I do have is a KOSTAL Smart Energy Meter which is connected to LM via Modbus TCP.
That’s why I had the idea to connect an IR write/read head to the USB port of the LM and send the actual metering values via SML protocol to the Tibber Pulse.

I found this IR head: https://shop.weidmann-elektronik.de/inde...ct&info=24

What do you think about the approach? Can you please give an idea how to start with?

Many thanks for your help!

Best Regards
Steffen
The IR converter will work with LM but there's no SML protocol library in Lua. There are libraries in other languages which can be rewritten into Lua but it's not a trivial task.