This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Fastest way to get .lp into Touch vis (skipping editability)?
Hi!

I have created a few .lp-files with html/lua/javascript and uploaded via them using ftp to my "/user/" folder. I can view the pages via my browser if I enter the correct url in the address field.

But now I would like to "import" these pages into the Touch visualization framework (in my Wiser for KNX HW 2.8) in the *easiest possible manner*.

The documentation I have found on creating an Application or Widget seems a little fragmented and I can't really figure out how it works.

So I would prefer NOT to create editable/configurable "apps" for each .lp-file (I am the only end-user and prefer to edit/update via a text editor and ftp). It seems to add a lot of complexity to have to create various JSON-files, templates etc and I would like to avoid it since I will not need to use it anyway.

The best thing I have come with is to:

1) Create an empty Widget with the right size in the Touch GUI
2) Use javascript fetch(...).then(...) to inject the html output from the .lp-files into the main DIV of the empty widget.
3) Use localbus.listen('storage',...) to occasionally re-fetch the .lp-file

Does anyone know of a better solution? Or is it not as complicated as I think it is to create an Application/Widget?

Sincerely,
Robert
In Mosaic (LM) we have frame widget but SE removed it due to security concerns.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5