This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus device disconnected but can be read from read test
Hello Dear,
I have a disconnected Modbus device, but when I try to read from Read Test its give a value.
the error log gives: read failed: operation time out.
please see attached image

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Best Regards,
Try increasing timeout, should help
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(17.04.2023, 11:35)Daniel Wrote: Try increasing timeout, should help

Hello @ Daniel
unfortunately it didn't help.
could it be a grounding/wiring issue!
while all the Modbus devices shown in the previous attached image are in the same loop!
Best Regards,
Correct wiring is always important as this can create noise. Increase the pool interval for all devices, start from 60sec.
Ctrl+F5
Hello dears 
If I have a profile but some addresses are not connected, then does these non mapped registers polled?

Best Regards,
Entries without mapped objects are not polled.
(04.05.2023, 13:09)admin Wrote: Entries without mapped objects are not polled.

thank you admin 
another question
how the SL,LM poll mapped registers one by one or as a group.
if it pulled one by one, is it possible to make a group poll to decrease the traffic?

please advice regarding these errors,
 two Modbus RTU devices keep connecting and disconnecting

Best Regards,
Profile can be modified to use a single block read by setting read_count / read_offset parameters.
See these threads:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...9#pid30319
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...8#pid19268

As for connection issues you might need to add read_delay to the profile.
Many thanks admin 
Will try and see
Edit:
I added the read_delay to one profile and the device connection issue solved.
Should I add the read_delay to all devices, or only to those showing connection error?
Also, If you could describe how the read_delay work, and how it solve the connection issue?
Best Regards,
LM is just waiting before sending new read request. Some slaves do struggle to answer quick requests. If you have same devices then I would add this to all of them.
Ctrl+F5
(09.05.2023, 09:14)Daniel Wrote: LM is just waiting before sending new read request. Some slaves do struggle to answer quick requests. If you have same devices then I would add this to all of them.

Thank you Daniel
Best Regards,