This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Connect Goodwe Inverter via RS485 Modbus RTU
Hi @all,

I want to connect my Goodwe Inverter to W4K/LM via Modbus RTU. Attached you can find the protocol description.
I tried to transfer the document in a Modbus config and performed a Read Test for the “Ipv1” value (pictures attached) but unfortunately it doesn’t work.

Can you please help me and give me a hint what I may making wrong? 

Many thanks for your help!

Best Regards 
Steffen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Modbus_Protocol_onGrid_HT__march2021.pdf (Size: 1.64 MB / Downloads: 36)
What error do you get when doing read test?
Hi Admin,

many thanks for the response and sorry for my late reply.

The failure message is timeout, see picture attached.

Any ideas what I need to change?

Best regards 
Steffen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Make sure RTU settings on the inverter are the same as in W4K, Try changing +/-
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel,

I changed +/- and were successful in getting response from the inverter.

BUT now I getting a strange behavior of the W4K. It restarts every approximately every 3-4h. It is definitely related to the RS485 connection.
Any idea why? I have no resistor oder termination in the RS485 bus and just 2 wires D+/D- connected. Also just the W4K and the Goodwe inverter are on the BUS.

Best Regards
Steffen
Hi @all,

I found the solution for the issue. After I added 120 ohm resistor termination to the wiring no reset of W4K happened anymore.

Best regards
Steffen