This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Change Bacnet ID of Logic Machine
Good morning.
I'm new to the Logic Machine forum, and I have a problema with a system where we want to use the Logic Machine as a Gateway from Bacnet IP to KNX IP.
In this system we have 20 bacnet server and the building is divided in 3 areas, so we want to use 3 Logic Machine on the same network and manage the communication from Bacnet to KNX with scripts.

The problem is that all the bacnet server has the same objects (so same object id and object type).
It comes to our minds that we could have some problems if the 3 Logic Machine will read and write with the same Bacnet ID. 

There is a way to change the Bacnet ID of the Logic Machine in order to have all different IDs on the network?

I have tried using the bacnet package but I found only a way to change the Bacnet port on the forum. 
Unfortunately we can't divide the 3 areas changing the Bacnet port because all the Bacnet server need to communicate between them. 

Thank you in advance.
Can you please draw some architecture as you contradict yourself. For example ' because all the Bacnet server need to communicate between them. ' server to server will never talk to each other, you need client for this.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(14.06.2023, 14:29)Daniel Wrote: Can you please draw some architecture as you contradict yourself. For example ' because all the Bacnet server need to communicate between them. ' server to server will never talk to each other, you need client for this.

The architecture is the following.

I forgot to say that the bacnet server have a setting which allow the comunication in unicast in order to exchange information between them. It is a particular setting that is not common on the bacnet server.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can use this.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=4530
Ctrl+F5
(15.06.2023, 08:32)Daniel Wrote: You can use this.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=4530

Thank you so much!

I have only a question about the code:
Code:
require('bacnet')

-- read from 192.168.0.21, device ID 21
bacnet.deviceip = '192.168.0.21'
val1 = bacnet.readvalue(21, 'binary value', 2049)
val2 = bacnet.readvalue(21, 'binary value', 2050)
val3 = bacnet.readvalue(21, 'binary value', 2051)
log(val1, val2, val3)

The line "bacnet.deviceip = '192.168.0.21' " set the ip of the bacnet server that the Logic Machine want to read, right?

Because I think that there will be some problem in this situation:
   - Logic Machine 1 read the analog value with id 6 from the bacnet server with id 7;
   - Logic Machine 2 read the analog value with id 6 from the bacnet server with id 8;
   - Logic Machine 3 read the analog value with id 6 from the bacnet server with id 9;
This is why I was trying to change the bacnet id of the Logic Machine. 

For example, using the bacnet client app, where I have 2 Logic Machine I can see that they have both bacnet id 4194303. 
I know that it is a third part app but I cannot see any option to change it by script.
Forget the app, you must use script. It should work with direct communication.
Ctrl+F5