This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Invalid CRC after lightning transient.
Hello everyone.

After a lager thunderstorm, i have had a transient damaging the indput on my router, where the W4K is installed.
Afterward I have found an error on  my modbus signal saying Invalid CRC when I connect my ventilation system (Nilan 305).
I also get an error on reading my energymeter saying "Read fail: Operation timed out" , but the data is still updated in the group object?

Any surgestions on solving this problem? Smile
Might be a damaged RS-485 transceiver on of the devices.
Communication errors can appear from time to time if the signal stability is on the edge. The usual recommendation is to connect GND between all devices, use bus wiring topology and connect a termination resistor if the bus is long.
(01.09.2023, 10:02)admin Wrote: Might be a damaged RS-485 transceiver on of the devices.
Communication errors can appear from time to time if the signal stability is on the edge. The usual recommendation is to connect GND between all devices, use bus wiring topology and connect a termination resistor if the bus is long.

Okay Smile The bus lenght is about 4 meters, so should'n be a problem. 
I've used daisy chain topology.
I thing maybee I will just get the insurance to repair it, and the mount a modbus transient protection unit Smile