This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus ASCII
I have a device connected through Modbus TCP/IP where one of the registers contains FW-version of client. However, datatype is ASCII. Is it possible to poll this with a profile?

No but you can try reading it via script, use modbus proxy alongside profile.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
String datatype support has been recently added to profiles. Apart from "datatype": "string" you also need to specify the number of registers to read - "read_count": 6
Null (zero) bytes are automatically removed from the final string value.
What would be considered newer FW for the SL? I'm on 2.7.0. Edit: Tried to create a profile but the SL responded with invalid field for datatype when it was string.

Tried this:

https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...34#pid7434

But just getting an empty string as the result.
2.7.0 is not the latest firmware. Try reading these registers via read test, it's quite possible that the version is all zeros.
The script actually worked fine, but as always I had to subtract 1 from the modbusregister for it to work. 

Thank you!