This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

SE SpaceLynk Presence Simulation - Trigger start by Object
I would like to implement a presence simulation that is to be started automatically via an "absence Group Address". This GA is a boolean that specifies whether absence is active or not. If this GA is "true", the presence simulation should start playing.

For this purpose, I recorded my GAs for a week using the presence simulation app. That worked. I can now start the simulation by pressing manually the "Play button".

When I edit the recording, I can assign a GA (see print screen). My expectation now would have been that if this GA is set to "true", the recording will be played. But this does not work. Even if the GA is set to true, the recording is not played. Have I misunderstood something here? Can playback not be triggered via this GA?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This app was created by SE itself, it would be better if you ask them directly.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I am aware that Spacelynk is a Schneider product. But because you wrote (https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...t=presence) that any questions about this app could probably be answered, I decided to try my luck.

Maybe Erwin van der Zwart can help? Here (https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...t=presence) he is writing, that this should somehow be possible.
(12.03.2024, 21:48)ralwet Wrote: I would like to implement a presence simulation that is to be started automatically via an "absence Group Address". This GA is a boolean that specifies whether absence is active or not. If this GA is "true", the presence simulation should start playing.

For this purpose, I recorded my GAs for a week using the presence simulation app. That worked. I can now start the simulation by pressing manually the "Play button".

When I edit the recording, I can assign a GA (see print screen). My expectation now would have been that if this GA is set to "true", the recording will be played. But this does not work. Even if the GA is set to true, the recording is not played. Have I misunderstood something here? Can playback not be triggered via this GA?

Hi,
I hope I'm not going off topic..... You could create a event script where after x second your object goes to off.
Best regards Cristian
Hi Cristian
Thanks for the feedback. My problem is that the playback of the recording cannot be triggered at all via a GA or an event script. Even if the GA is set to true (e.g. by setting the value manually), the recording is not played. That's why I'm wondering whether triggering via a GA is even possible or whether I'm getting something completely wrong...
When you create a recordening, or edit a exiting one you can add an binary object, when the object is false it records, when it is true it is playing back the recording...
If you don't have an object attached you can do it manual via the stop/pauze icon on the recording container, this icon disapears when you attached the recording to an object..

Keep in mind how the recordings are setup / working by default, when recorded at monday at 10:00, it will play the recording on monday at that moment when you set it in play mode in that week...

Use custom recording if you want to use recordings from other recordings to mix and match..
Thanks for your hints. I got it working now:

When you create a new recording, you must have to create a GA via APP (*/*/* or a new GA) - See Screenshot. The App will then create a new GA. The GA created can then be used to start recordings (0) or to switch to play mode (1).

What does NOT work for me is to create a recording without a new GA and then subsequently assign an already existing GA. In this case, the recording woll not be controlled via GA.

For me, control via GA is only possible if a separate, new GA is created by the APP, same time when the recording is created.

Perhaps this information will help someone who is experiencing the same problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)