This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Counter
Hi all,

I habe a counter in my intranet which shows how long a fan will still be running. On activation of the fan, I write the time value in seconds to a group address and activate a resident script with sleep time one second, which reduces the time left for the fan every second. Can this be done a bit more resource-friendly?

Best regards,
Robin
You can increase resident script sleep time and you should use grp.update instead of grp.write. This kind of script should not affect the system load much anyway.
Thank you. What is the difference between grp.write and grp.update exactly?
grp.update updates the grp value in the local DB of LogicMachine without sending an actual telegram into KNX bus.
grp.write updates the grp value and sends the new value as a telegram into KNX bus.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Will change this. Best regards!