This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Smartlogger Huawai
Hi, I can't read modbus register on this Smartlogger with TCP connection, device address: 0 (fixed).

I created the attached modbus profiles (40*** formart as in the pdf and ***),  mapped register with virtual objects, but I receive no data.

on the contrary, with Modbus Tool I can read everything.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Peppe

Attached Files
.pdf   SmartLogger ModBus Interface Definitions.pdf (Size: 748.52 KB / Downloads: 3)
.json   SMARTLOGGER-HUAWEI ho.json (Size: 1.23 KB / Downloads: 2)
.json   SMARTLOGGER-HUAWEI.json (Size: 1.25 KB / Downloads: 2)
Usually the starting number 4 indicates the function code so it should be ignored in the register address. What do you get when running Read test?
(28.06.2024, 08:54)admin Wrote: Usually the starting number 4 indicates the function code so it should be ignored in the register address. What do you get when running Read test?

I can't run read test because I can't select device address 0.... it's starting from 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is no such thing in modbus as addressee 0, try 254 or 255
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.06.2024, 09:27)Daniel Wrote: There is no such thing in modbus as addressee 0, try 254 or 255

you are right, sorry....  the correct id is 50.

By the way, now I can read almost all register in the profile but KW value registers: they are both on 0 value.

if I run a read test they give me an int value.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.json   SMARTLOGGER-HUAWEI.json (Size: 1.34 KB / Downloads: 4)
Add "datatype": "uint32" to relevant profile entries. You should also add value_multiplier where applicable. But in this case bus_datatype should be a floating point value, not uint32.
ALL RIGHT! Thanks