This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Cloud app
Hi
Sorry again, Those last issues were generated by Amazon. We are hosting our cloud there.
We are preparing migration on to Azure so hope it will work more stable up there.
BR
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hello there, i currently seem to have the same issue af som other used experienced in the past. I can control the objects though the cloud interface but do not receive the state feedback from the objects that i control. My network is set to DHCP wich didn't couse a problem in the past. I did some tests with the network settings (e.g. DNS 8.8.8.8) but when i try to ping from the logic machine i get not the response i expect:

Quote:PING cloud.logicmachine.net (40.69.209.191): 56 data bytes

--- cloud.logicmachine.net ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

and

Quote:PING www.google.com (172.217.168.228): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 172.217.168.228: seq=0 ttl=56 time=10.607 ms
64 bytes from 172.217.168.228: seq=1 ttl=56 time=10.540 ms
64 bytes from 172.217.168.228: seq=2 ttl=56 time=10.885 ms
64 bytes from 172.217.168.228: seq=3 ttl=56 time=10.563 ms

--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 10.540/10.648/10.885 ms

So the path to the great world of internet seems ok but some way it cannot find its way to the cloud. What steps should i take to pinpoint and solve this issue?
Hi
Ping dosen't work with our cloud by design. Can you tell me what installation is this? Here I mean some office or normal residential? It could be that router is blocking port 1883 if it is office. You can also send me your cloud user to PM so I can check if all is OK on cloud with your user.
BR
Ctrl+F5
(04.03.2019, 08:33)Daniel. Wrote: Hi
Ping  dosen't work with our cloud by design.  Can you tell me what installation is this? Here I mean some office or normal residential?  It could be that router  is blocking port 1883 if it is office.  You can also send me your cloud user to PM so I can check if all is OK on cloud with your user.
BR

I was busy last days and had no time to dig into it. When i tried the cloud interface today everything seems to be automagically ok now Dodgy Don't ge me wrong i am happy that everything is ok now but i have absolutely no idea on what did change in the last days. Is there a way to find out what happened of should i leave it and accept the power of magic? Big Grin

Edit: To provide you with an awnser: It is a normal residential installation. I did not block any ports intentionally in my router and it did (and does) work ok in most cases.
(06.03.2019, 17:36)fruitmans Wrote:
Ping  dosen't work with our cloud by design.  Can you tell me what installation is this? Here I mean some office or normal residential?  It could be that router  is blocking port 1883 if it is office.  You can also send me your cloud user to PM so I can check if all is OK on cloud with your user.
BR

I was busy last days and had no time to dig into it. When i tried the cloud interface today everything seems to be automagically ok now  Dodgy Don't ge me wrong i am happy that everything is ok now but i have absolutely no idea on what did change in the last days. Is there a way to find out what happened of should i leave it and accept the power of magic?  Big Grin

Edit: To provide you with an awnser: It is a normal residential installation. I did not block any ports intentionally in my router and it did (and does) work ok in most cases.
The only what you can do is to check if there was any MQTT errors in error log at the time didn't work.  Could be just some network issue.
Ctrl+F5
(06.03.2019, 17:42)Daniel. Wrote:
(06.03.2019, 17:36)fruitmans Wrote:
BR

I was busy last days and had no time to dig into it. When i tried the cloud interface today everything seems to be automagically ok now  Dodgy Don't ge me wrong i am happy that everything is ok now but i have absolutely no idea on what did change in the last days. Is there a way to find out what happened of should i leave it and accept the power of magic?  Big Grin

The only what you can do is to check if there was any MQTT errors in error log at the time didn't work.  Could be just some network issue.

Checked the error log and indeed many "MQTT.client:handler(): Not connected" errors. I will leave it for nog and come back on the topic when i experience this issue again. Thanks!