This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Poll: Have you experienced similar problems?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No! My projects are <50 devices.
25.00%
3 25.00%
Yes! My projects are <50 devices.
16.67%
2 16.67%
No! My projects are >50 devices.
25.00%
3 25.00%
Yes! My projects are >50 devices.
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Programming KNX via LM
I don't know how it is connected with LM, but certainly is in some way or other.

Everywhere I install a LM, I use it for connecting to the KNX bus. In most cases I also use it in combination with mikrotik router (via VPN) to make changes or even remote programming a whole site (yes, it is possible, and yes, it is painful).

In some places the programming can be difficult with devices that need a lot of stuff to download, sometimes impossible.  It is not directly connected to the method I connect to the LM, I've tried via LAN, WIFI, VPN and it is always the same problem with the same devices. Only direct bus connection with USB interface or with my old trusty Siemens IP router can make it to work. In the same time the installation is ok, with the standard green KNX cable, the voltages are ok, and the power supply is never fully loaded (usually around 60-70% then I add another line). 

Any ideas where to search for a problem? 

br, Z

Edit:
Admin, I made an error in the poll, please change the last option No! to Yes!
Thanks
Ets version related?

With an older ets5 version i has also problems, but its solved with the latest release.
(27.02.2017, 14:27)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Ets version related?

With an older ets5 version i has also problems, but its solved with the latest release.

Latest ETS4 and ETS5 behave the same.
Argh... my vote goes wrong :-( I want to tap the 3. Option (No Problems, >50 Devices) and I tapped the 4. Button :-( ....
Does this happen with any specific devices or at random?
(28.02.2017, 05:59)Krstfr Wrote: Does this happen with any specific devices or at random?

I was thinking about your question, and it seams that the mostly affected devices are produced by Zennio.
I think that Schneider devices are working fine, and never had this problem with Siemens.
I have had the same issue with Zennio. Even with USB.
Zennio products are somewhat different than other products, always use "Partial Download", if you don't it always downloads a firmware update which takes from 5 to 15 minutes for each product.