This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Slider update
Hi all. I'm new to logic machine and have a question about slider update. I have a setup with a dali driver I want to controll from a slider in visualization. It works, but I only get the slider to update when I release it. I would like the light to follow the slider while adjusting. I see the value is updating on the ipad, but not the output.

I've tried to map the driver as a slider direct, or a virtual object with a residental script writing its value to the driver. Both update light when slider is released and not while adjusting.

Is it possible to have the object updated while adjusted? I haven't found anything about this on the forum.

Thanks

Bjørn
Hi,

Default all actions are only on release. (there are some exeptions)

You could manipulate this with custom javascript, but i think it's not a good idea to send 100 telegrams in 1 single slide to your TP (:

BR,

Erwin
Thanks Erwin,

I think it would make sense if I could have adjustable steps. Say every 5 steps I would update my dmx or dali object. Could this be done with grp.listen in custom javascripts? Is there a java manual for the LM with the special objects for the LM? 
The logic machine has a limited number of objects. There will not be that much going on so I'm not afraid of "overload"

Regards
Bjørn
Try this. It will affect all standard sliders, not the circular ones.

Code:
$(function() {
  $('.control-slider').slider().on('update', controlValueChange);
});

As for other examples, there's a large thread on custom JavaScript:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=275
Thanks!

This works like a charm.

I know the thread, but if you could point me in the direction where to get the reference for LM and java. Where can I find the .control-slider explained?

Regards
Bjørn
There's no documentation right now, apart from grp function calls. This is mostly meant for advanced users who have experience with web development.
Ok. Cool.

Bjørn