This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Framing error on DALI RS485 gateway
(21.09.2021, 06:15)admin Wrote: First, run "Scan gateways" and see if the RS485 gateway is still there. If it appears in the list then try testing again with a single ballast and see if works. If it does not appear it's possible the it is damaged and must be replaced.
Another thing to try is to send a broadcast arc command from a script to check whether you can control ballasts this way or not.

Thanks for your reply. I always find the gateway I expect, so it's in the list.

I ran this script:
Code:
require 'user.dali'

res, err = dalicmd(0, 'arc', { addrtype = 'broadcast', value = 0 })

log(res, err)

What came back was: 
Code:
dali_test 21.09.2021 12:24:34
* arg: 1
  * nil
* arg: 2
  * string: timeout

I've now tried the following:
  • Deleting the `user.dali` script and rebooting. The script re-appears as expected, but still does not work.
  • Use another RS485 port on the LM5. The gateway appears after changing the port in the DALI tab, but still can't find any lamps or control them by scripts.

I have another LM5 with me, so I'll now be trying to replace the other one.

Edit: After swapping the LM5s, I'm still getting a framing error on the network and no devices appear in the device list. Could the DALI gateway be broken? I bought it in July and it's only been used at home for testing one lamp for this project. I can write new gateway ID to the gateway, the LED is on when i press the button on it. It appears to be fine from the outside.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Framing error on DALI RS485 gateway - by avolle - 21.09.2021, 10:31