This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Chromecast controls the TV
Hi.

Is i possible to use the LM to turn on and of the TV via Chromecast?

It is possible to talk to the Google Home, and  to turn on and of the TV that way, but i want to control this by triggering a group adress on the KNX bus.

BR
Kai-Roger
there is Erwin's script available following this link:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...29#pid1729
Is this supposted to be copy paste to event-based scripting and a group address with 1 byte unsigned integer?

I have changed to the right ip adress for my chromecast in the script, but when i send a 1 or 2 or 3 to the script, nothing happens.

Is there somthing else i have to do to make this respond?
Yes it should be event script but don't wait for your TV to switch on only check what is changing on it. CEC is very badly implemented standard and it won't work on every devices.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
When i send
1 YouTube should start
2 YouTube should stop
3 Chromecast should go to startscreen

No one og these numbers work. I can't see why it is not working, sine i have not changed anything om the script else than the IP adress of the Chromecast.

BR
Kai-Roger
BR
Kai-Roger
I just tried it and command 1 plays nice SE YT video, 2 deletes it but 3 doesn't work. Chromecast says URL not found. Maybe you don't use correct IP ? I have 2 chromecasts and had to find the correct one.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
This is quite embarrassing. I did only change the last number in the scrips default IP address, and the second last number had an ekstra zero that i did not see.

192.168.10.xx default
192.168.1.xx mine

Big Grin

Now the number 1 and number 2 works, and the number 3 reports an error url like you said.
Cool  Cool
Hi,

Is there any way to turn of the tv?

Values 1, 2 and 3 work perfectly, and turn on the Tv. But I want to turn of with my sleep scene. It is posible?

Thanks