This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Ajax Alarm system integration UART
Hi,
do you know if it is possible to integrate LM5 with Ajax Alarm system by using their uartBridge module?
Im not familiar with uart protocol but what I understand that it uses rs232

Here is link to uartBridge protocol documentation: https://support.ajax.systems/ajax-conten...dge_en.pdf

I dont have Ajax yet but I want to know if it is possible to integrate ( at least in theory)
Hi
The protocol description is missing there (or I can't see it). There's no CRC, which is dangerous (or maybe it's in layer below but it's not visible from the provided PDF).

I see +5V at the pinout. Does it mean it's TTL RS232? I'm just guessing)
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
It's not possible to connect this directly to LM. You will need a USB-UART adapter. The protocol itself looks simple enough - ASCII lines terminated by \r\n
Ok and thanks! Now I know that it can be done. It is only matter of scripting that functionally.
(15.08.2019, 06:06)Papru Wrote: Ok and thanks! Now I know that it can be done. It is only matter of scripting that functionally.
Any progress here?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
I'm interested in that too!
(14.08.2019, 11:42)admin Wrote: It's not possible to connect this directly to LM. You will need a USB-UART adapter. The protocol itself looks simple enough - ASCII lines terminated by \r\n
Any recomendations for an adapter?

Sent fra min SM-G980F via Tapatalk
CP2102 is cheap and works well.
Hi, I just bought the CP2102. Going to buy the UART interface soon.

Could someone please help me on how I should start code this? Maybe give me some directions and better documentation on how to use this protocol.
The documentation from ajax does'nt explain it very well for a noob Undecided
It's not an easy task. Eighter way you can not have bith the ajax hub and the uart at once. I got access to the Cloud API instead. Just havent gotten around to do anything about it yet. Will post when I get there.

(25.05.2021, 20:38)tomnord Wrote: It's not an easy task. Eighter way you can not have bith the ajax hub and the uart at once. I got access to the Cloud API instead. Just havent gotten around to do anything about it yet. Will post when I get there.

Is there a new API? or the Enterprise API?